We make it safe and easy for customers to pay you
At Sage Pay we know that retailers like you want to get on with what you do best - running your business. We have over 10 years' experience in helping businesses of all kinds do just that. Whatever your business size or needs we have a payments solution for you.
- We have customers of all sizes, from startups to major online, consumer and business brands
- Our payment services range from the very simple to the most sophisticated tailored solutions
- You can email or use social media to talk to us or you can speak to a real person on the other end of the phone 24/7 all year round. Day or night, we’re here for you.
Today, Sage Pay process millions of secure payments each month
But how did it all begin…
Sage Pay’s story started back in 2001 when Protx was founded by a group of private investors who had a dream to help small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) in the UK by providing safe, easy online payment services.
Between 2001 and 2003 Sage Pay became accredited by all the major banks including Lloyds TSB, Cardnet, Bank of Scotland, Barclays Merchant Services, HSBC, Natwest Streamline, American Express, Diners Card, JCB, and Euroconex to provide secure online payments.
- June 2003: Sage Pay became the first provider to introduce a simple pricing policy for the SME market based around a flat monthly fee with no transaction charges.
- 2006: Protx was acquired by Sage and Simon Black was appointed as Managing Director the following year.
- April 2009: Protx officially rebranded to Sage Pay and opened a customer service hub in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, to provide help and reassurance to our customers. That same year, Sage Pay entered the Irish market.
- February 2012: Sage Pay acquired Integral Computers Ltd heralding its entry into the card machine payment market. Through the Integral acquisition, Sage Pay was established as a multi-channel payment provider in Ireland and the market leader in the UK.
There are now 300 employees working across Europe, serving over 50,000 customers. Sage Pay is known as one of the most trusted payment companies in Europe.